The Qualification Approach and Plan (QA&P) applies to all participants that are required to complete MHHS Qualification, whether they plan to undertake testing through the Systems Integration Testing (SIT) or Qualification Testing (QT) route.
The QA&P sets out the purpose of MHHS Qualification during the MHHS Programme and the high-level plan and requirements for Programme participants to undertake in relation to the Balancing and Settlement Code (BSC) and Retail Energy Code (REC).
The QA&P is supported by four Annexes:
- Annex 1: Non-SIT Licensed Distribution System Operator (LDSO) MHHS Qualification Testing Approach - this Annex was issued with the QA&P consultation in January 2024.
- Annex 2: Non-SIT Supplier & Agent MHHS Qualification Testing Approach - this Annex is being developed and the first draft will be issued after incorporating participant feedback received on Annex 1 to ensure the two documents are aligned in their approach. This is expected in late February/early March for consultation.
- Annex 3: New Entrant Non-SIT LDSO MHHS Qualification Testing Approach - this document will be drafted after Annex 1 and 2 are baselined to ensure alignment. The first draft is expected to be issued for consultation in summer 2024.
- Annex 4: Non-Completion of Qualification - this Annex was issued with the QA&P consultation in January 2024.
Qualification Approach & Plan Consultation
The MHHS Programme and Code Bodies published the QA&P with two of the supporting Annexes for industry consultation.
The consultation closed on Wednesday 14 February 2024. Thank you to all participants who submitted comments or confirmed review of the QA&P and Annexes.
Comments will be triaged and any issues for discussion will be considered at the Qualification Working Group (QWG) meeting on 12 March 2024.
Following this, subject to any changes, the updated document will be tabled for approval at the newly formed Qualification Advisory Group (QAG) on 21 March 2024. The document suite will then be submitted to the Balancing & Settlement Code (BSC) and Retail Energy Code (REC) Performance Assurance Boards (PABs) for approval by the end of March 2024.
The QA&P sets out the purpose of Qualification during the MHHS Programme, and provides the high-level plan and requirements for participants, in relation to the Balancing and Settlement Code (BSC) and Retail Energy Code (REC). This document is applicable to all participants no matter their qualification route.
Click on the link below to view the QA&P document:
The QA&P was published for consultation alongside two Annexes, which you can view below:
- Annex 1 - Non-SIT LDSO MHHS Qualification Testing Approach and Plan: sets out the specific MHHS Qualification testing requirements, scope, testing framework, objectives, and approach for Non-SIT LDSOs. This document is applicable to Non-SIT LDSOs including new entrants LDSOs who are looking to enter the market prior to M10.
- Annex 4 – Non-Completion of Qualification: sets out the market sanction process under the BSC should a current Programme participant fail to complete MHHS Qualification in line with the MHHS Programme Plan. This document is applicable to all participants no matter their qualification route.
If you have any questions on LDSO Qualification Testing, please email the MHHS Programme at [email protected]